EPiServer's UI has always been open to modification, however EPiServer 7 onward introduced a paradigm shift in the UI as the editing interface is now a single page application built with Dojo. If you don't already know Dojo then there is a little learning to get your head around it. So I put together a list of EPiServer Dojo links that may prove useful if you want to work with Dojo in EPiServer.
Please let me know if you know in the comments below or on @davidknipe if I missed anything and/or you have a link you'd like to add.
|Other useful EPiServer dojo resources|
|EPiServer Dojo Widget not Firing the onChange() Event|
|Dojo Toolkit - the official Dojo home|
|EPiServer Dojo Crash Course (Swedish) - a 45m video (in Swedish)|
|Strategies for Custom Properties in 7.5+ - not actually a Dojo resource but a useful resource to think about how you define properties|
- 22/08/2014 - Added link for a non-Dojo resource "Strategies for Custom Properties in 7.5+"
- 15/11/2014 - Add two new links: Creating a Custom Property with a Dojo Widget and EPiServer Dojo Widget not Firing the onChange() Event
- 22/02/2015 - Added two new links: EPiServer custom property in DOJO and Multiple page picker property in DOJO
- 03/06/2015 - Added several new links, also added a new "Spotted in the forums" section
- 04/06/2015 - Added a new forum post about Angular JS and how Dojo can help: "Angular blocks break when reordering in content area"