A new version of Virtual Template System is now available with UI updates, bug fixes and refactoring to the internals. Virtual Template System allows users to view and edit templates in the Episerver UI.
The updated UI can be seen in the video below:
The new UI has been updated to Bootstrap 4 and the major internal change is to use the Episerver content repository to save template content instead of the DDS. This means changes are saved and versioned in the content repository - a coming release will add the version history into the UI.
This is an open source project and the full source code for Virtual Template System is available at Github. The tool can also be found as Virtual Template System on the Episerver Nuget feed.
- Upgraded to Bootstrap 4
- Templates are now saved in the Episerver content repository (no longer the DDS)
- Added "changed by" column in list view
- Added "Save and close" button
- Save button now stays on current view
- Moved and renamed some button layouts
- Added a close X button to the top right
- Fixed a file encoding bug when reading certain file encoding types from storage
- Fixed an issue when comparing files that had embedded </script> tags
- Number of refactoring tasks
I'm always happy to hear feedback/suggestions/ideas @davidknipe or in the comments below.