A new version of Virtual Template System is now available with some UI enhancements. Virtual Template System allows users to view and edit templates in the Episerver UI.
The updates can be seen in the video below:
Specifically the enhancements are as follows:
- When editing a template saving now is done without a full page refresh
- User comes back to last state when viewing the template list, including any search entered
- Added a background colour and removed line highlight when in display mode to help indicate readonly status
- Upgraded to latest version of Ace Editor
- Fixed a bug when using the compare view to edit files
This is an open source project and the full source code for Virtual Template System is available at Github. The tool can also be found as Virtual Template System on the Episerver Nuget feed.